Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Heart for Sendong victims

Seeing the victims of tragedy in Cagayan De Oro melted my heart. I did not let myself got hooked on TV News recently because I couldn't take seeing the videos and photos. Seriously, no exaggerations. I am sure all the Filipinos felt the same thing. Nobody felt good about it, right? We all want to burst out our emotions and cry. Aside from the timing that made it painful, you can see the victims are not only adults but also children which brings more grief to everyone.

Sendong really devastated Cagayan De Oro. Recently as seen on news (1 hour before I made this blog), 900 are dead. Others are still searching for the bodies that might be buried on the mudslides. Some of their loved ones have identified them and there are more that are still unidentified. The people are still waiting for other forensics aside from SOCO and NBI that will help them identify each of the person behind the bodies of dead. Painful, it is.While others are preparing for their noche buena this coming Christmas, these victims are starving to hunger. Others are doing their Christmas shopping, these victims are left with nothing. How could these people celebrate their Christmas day? At the evacuation center? On a damp sight looking for their loved ones? On the corner mourning? How could you take these heartbreaking assumptions when you know it is possible?

But hey, the world is still revolving. You can do something big and something small about this. Something that will really help others. The easiest and the most powerful way is to PRAY. Put this on mind:

I always feed this on to the minds of people because this will be the greatest thing of all

They say that one of the reason why this calamity happened because illegal logging is prevalent in their place. "Very accessible for them" as one of the resident of one village in CDO says. I heard that not only once so I think illegal logging issue is prominent on their town. I hope that this will serve as a lesson for everyone. Don't abuse the nature.

"Awareness is the key" as what I am always saying. So we better listen and watch for the news for us to be aware on what is currently happening. Because of my flaming positivism, I know that each of us can do something. Act before it's too late.


These are just the ones I know maybe you can search via internet for more ways
You can help by: 


Donate blankets through Victory Makati
http://www.facebook.com/victorymakati












RED <AMOUNT> to 2899
You can donate 5, 25,50, 100 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment