Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MEGA internship insight

First published work.
It's just simple, but I am so happy! 

I always regard myself as a person who wants to learn new things and explore discoveries. Writing has always been my passion. I love hearing stories from the people who works on that field. I’d like to learn more because I need to know more. I just had to experience a small chunk in a big world that’s why I am very eager to see other things. I would like to share my insights on my first internship.

Having my internship in a prestige publishing company - One Mega Group is such a pleasure. My experiences are priceless. The lessons I’ve earned are the things I wouldn’t learn in a classroom or school setting. I can say that I faced the real world already because I have seen the reality in this internship. Working on a publishing company is one of my greatest dreams. That’s why I really made it to the point to have my internship wherein my passion can be expressed. A very well spent OJT, indeed. I immediately grabbed the opportunity when I received a mail from the company; and thankfully it was worth it. I feel really feel blessed for God has granted my wish. The very first thing I’ve learned is to be independent when it comes to commuting. The office is not near to where I live but I made it. I learned to be more familiar with places and to think of my own welfare as I venture alone. I know it’s just a least experience but I am glad because I was able to get the privilege of learning it. Now I can proudly say that I can travel all by myself while considering the precautions. 

I love writing very much and I wanted to learn more about it; like the proper ways, grammars and formats. When Ms. Apple gave me assignments, I did not hesitate and I accepted it wholeheartedly. I discovered the ways of writing magazine articles. I can say that I really love this field, especially creative writing. I have experienced writing articles about lifestyle, music, tips and a lot more. There are few write-ups that I never knew I could learn, like press releases. When we were asked to write materials like this during my Junior year, I found it difficult and tricky. And now, I’m enjoying writing billboards and press releases. It’s like discovering products and materials on your own. It also opened my mind on new things and innovations. In writing, you can’t choose only the things you like; it is essential to accept whatever topics given to you. Speaking of that, I gained the value of obeying; that I should not close myself and be exclusive to the things I just desire. There will always be mentors that will give you directions; I should look up to them because they will lead me into the right path.

         I also had the privilege to join shoots. It was really fun. There, I learned bunch of things. I have discovered that “peace of mind” really matters. You need to focus and concentrate on certain tasks given to you. I can’t be tame and wait for others to command me. I should have the initiative and offer myself. During those times, people are panicking so I need to be alert all the time. It was such an honor being with the team during a cover shoot. The team is not doing their job just to finish their work; they are enjoying what they’re doing. What I’ve also learned is that you should always enjoy what you are doing. You can’t be just doing it without your heart. Passion should always be present. I have seen the exact scenario during photoshoots. The people were all creative. I told myself that my ideas in mind should not always stay where it is; I should express it and let it flow. Abilities and ideas should not be wasted. These things came from God. Like the people in this field, I should not waste any of the blessings from above.

In my internship, I found out the importance of this matter. I was also able to evaluate myself; that I need to change so many things. Yes, I am entering the real world. This isn’t like college days that my life is limited. Few months from now, I will be dealing with different kinds of people. I will be facing people with different personalities and attitudes. I should not let myself hang around without knowing what exactly to do and to say. I met  people with a meaningful passion, which is writing. They are all encouraging me to pursue my dream. I did not learn only from my experiences, they also taught me lessons from their familiarity. They were once like me, hoping and dreaming to be successful. They did not stop believing on their capablitiesand up until now they are still seeking for knowledge. I want to be like them someday; still eager to learn new things.

Celebrity Living Magazine,
December 2012-January 2013 issue
One Mega Group people are very humble. They do not think highly of themselves even if they already have the standards to be such. They are very modest. They treat everyone in the company equally, even cleaners and drivers. There is no high or low position in the office. I admire them for being such. I think everyone should be like them. This is very important in a workplace and I am very glad that I have experienced it in Mega. I have conquered various fears and it brought out my strengths. I am thankful because my Celebrity Living family really helped me to bring out the best out of me. I am very certain that everyone in the team aimed to leave a mark in my life. I won’t forget all the pieces of advice, opinions and recommendations ever. Surely, I will carry these things on the start and end my journey. They guided me all throughout. I never felt being alone with them. Priceless could be a repetitive word in this reflection but I couldn’t help myself but use it. My journey in One Mega Group is just short but it is unforgettable. I will never ever forget anything about it. 

 


2 comments:

  1. How did you apply for the internship? What's their e-mail? :) I'm planning to do my internship in One Mega as well!

    ReplyDelete