Sunday, September 2, 2012

Opened our hearts


When I first taught of retreat, one thing enters my mind. Boredom; I cannot imagine myself without cell phone, internet and other stuff for three days but for the sake of requirements I taught of the need to attend. It’s a requirement, it’s compulsory so we don’t have a choice but to comply. I love attending these kinds of activities when I was in highschool. When I experienced retreats and recollections in SPUM, I am gradually getting used to it along with the activities and programs. I realize that I need to deepen my thoughts more in order to contemplate with the purpose of having such. I just got home from a retreat 2 days ago. It’s my last retreat actually. And again, while packing my things, I can’t help but to express my anxiety regarding this.

(I only have few pictures taken. I'm still waiting for the group pictures)

I got myself wrong on the anxious feeling I felt and assumed about the retreat. Now all I can say is.. That’s the best retreat ever. I keep on saying: life changing experience. Lately, our class is experiencing a problem regarding a matter or issue. Hearsays, rumors, comments, judgments, assuming and stories were part of the hitch. We’ve been through a matter that became personal. It wasn’t suppose to be like that; we just forgot to open our minds. We became close-minded, if I am not mistaken. Our class was separated. Smiles, giggles and laughs faded away. Without reflecting on a change that will occur during the retreat, it happened. A facilitator whom I know was designed by God to make a change had done his mission. Series of activities helped us become united. First day and second day, we are good but we’re still having a difficulty. On the last day, we drained the burdens and sorrows as we embrace each other with a heart longing for peace and harmony. After the mass, I appreciate that no one in that group was pretending.  We are all sincere in the utterance words and gestures.


The power of God is indeed present. We had a growth session a week ago before the retreat. I couldn’t open my heart that time. I keep on saying that if it’s not the time yet, I don’t want to rush and push it. Maybe the reason is because I don’t want to force myself in reconciling with people when my heart is still closed. God manually and enthusiastically open the hearts of each and everyone in our group to open hearts and accept things. We had the opportunity to utter the sincerest sorry on the persons we think we have hurt. Now, we are all fresh from hatred. We will live us one with love and happiness. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment