Sunday, January 13, 2013

Quiapo Adventure




One day while having a conversation with Jet, a thought passed by my mind. It’s about other countries’ images as being overrated. Top with a huge flag of US on it, notebooks covered with Eiffel tower and other beautiful places in Europe, accessories, bags and other stuffs. I don’t have any bad thoughts about it; there’s nothing wrong with it. I am just thinking if Filipinos are aware about the wonders of our country? I mean, do they plan to explore these wonders? I have this dream in my life: to travel around the world. BUT ahead of that, I would like to travel around my own homeland Philippines.

Quiapo is just an ordinary place for others. They work there, they live there and it’s just nothing. Exceptionally, for me it is something, something remarkable. Why? There are many reasons. These reasons I just discovered last Friday when we went there. One could be the people struggling very hard for their living is everywhere there. You can easily see the eagerness to earn for their living in their faces. It’s up to you whether you’ll feel good about it or bad. I feel good because I believe that hard work pays off no matter what. Next is, of course, the historical Black Nazarene Church, where devotees come and make adoration. And others like the assortment of everything anything, from food to clothing, religious figures, electronic equipment and a lot more other knickknack comes subsequently.

People there are so busy but they still manage to smile. If I had a camera then, I would have absolutely take tons of photos. I realized that every Filipino must spend a day in that place. Quiapo, a place in Philippines with loads of emotions, stories and positive vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment