Thursday, July 5, 2012

What could be my advocacy?


We were asked to compose an advocacy, a unique one, not just the usual ones that were once seen or heard. Advocacy? I have lots of those on my mind. In all aspects of life, I have hopes that these planned advocacy will turn into reality one day. Nothing is impossible, right? And the campaigns that are running in my mind are all possible and attainable. Our college thesis is about a communicative campaign about a company's environmental advocacy through the use of film. I am really a nature lover; that's why I felt happy when my thesis mates agreed on my proposed topic. I believe that, a teenage girl like me can help save the earth in simple ways. I may not be able to save it by huge ways like the government or an organization can do but I do believe that I can contribute. 

My ideas are quite in general but when we were asked to have a specific one, an idea popped out! Although it does still have something to do with environmental issues, I find it very specific and particularized. Have you seen people throwing trashes on places they just feel placing those junks? It can be anywhere, anytime. This is the reason why you can see wastes almost everywhere, especially on busy streets. People tend to toss their wastes on streets while they're walking. Come to think why. Aside from the unbecoming and lack of discipline of the people, one reason could also be inefficient placement of garbage bins. Try to imagine garbage bins on every proper corner of streets in visible appearance. Probably, people will not have to think twice, they will throw their wastes on proper bins. 

Give and take scheme should always be enacted, also with regards in our daily lives. If a particular unit will place something that people should know in a right scheme, it is possible to attain success and unity. Wastes are one of the main reasons why we can't solve pollution and other environmental problems. Proper placement of garbage bins would be a big help. Right? I am sure that garbage bins do not cost too much, so why not?

How about you? What's your advocacy?