Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Book Review: Fault in our Stars




Yay! This is my first time to a do a sort of a book review. I’m so inspired that I want to share the goodness of a book. It was after my busy days when I decided to read a book again after 3 weeks. The last book I read before internship and thesis completion was “Before I Fall” by Lauren Oliver which is for me is also a good read. I have been reading tweets and Facebook posts about Fault in our Stars by John Green. I downloaded it and told myself that it’ll be a reward after school requirements. And yeah, I can say that it’s a perfect reward!

The novel is about a 16 year old girl named Hazel who has been battling terminal lung cancer since she was thirteen. Attached to her are tubes through her nose. She had to attend a Cancer Children Support group as her parents require her. And there, she met Augustus Waters who change her life spectacularly. Augustus provided much needed support through his humor, stories and encouragements. He is always reminding Hazel not to let the cancer devour her. They share each other’s dreams and hopes and moved to a deeper relationship. Each conversation brings you to deeper view in story and in life.

Will I be loved? Will I be accepted? Will I be remembered?

These are the questions that profoundly tackled in the story. This put me to a thought that these things are substantial. The characters and I are not the only ones wondering about these thoughts. We all want to leave a mark. We all want to embark significance on the lives of others.   

The book is very inspiring. If you’re not into heavy love stories, this is definitely for you. This one’s just light one when it comes to love ish. It is an eye-opener; it made me realize so many things that are worth remembering. The story is unpredictable too that I’m always excited to reach the next chapters. I kept on recommending it to my friends because it is very insightful. It will really leave a mark on your life leading you in an optimistic understanding of life.  


I'm so excited to see the movie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment